Monday 23 August 2021

How I Got Through The Lockdown of 2020

The year 2020 was a rough one for all of us. Many of us have different experiences when it comes to how badly we were affected by the pandemic, but we can at least share some experiences and can all attest to how much it sucked. Personally, I hated when COVID hit because I got sent home early from my semester at college and was forced to finish up my classwork at home online. Do you know how hard it is to stay motivated and do your classwork when you’re at home? 

It’s super hard. Well, that was pretty much my life for the entire month of April as I had to finish all my classes up. Obviously the work was super easy and final exams were a joke, but my motivation was just completely gone. Kind of like mind motivation to write the rest of this article - basically non existent. Anyways, the summer of 2020 was a wild one for me. 



I spent a lot of time at home for the first couple months and basically did nothing with my life. Once I finished up with school at the end of April, I had absolutely nothing to do because I did not have a job. I basically stayed home and played video games all day. I played so many video games, in fact, that I decided to order a new gaming computer online to fill the void in my soul that was created by the COVID19 pandemic of 2020.

While I did end up dropping almost a solid grand on ordering myself a new computer, it is safe to say that it was a pretty easy decision. Most people prefer to order all the parts for the computer and build it themselves because it is “cooler”, but I honestly could not be bothered. Why would I want to build it myself when I can have someone build it for me? Plus, while historically ordering a pre-built computer is more expensive than building one yourself, pre-built computers are actually becoming a lot more affordable and I got a really good deal on mine. 

The reason that I got an even better deal on my computer was because they literally took about 2 or 3 weeks to actually ship me the dang thing. I understand that there were a lot of surplus orders coming in because of COVID and everyone being in lockdown, but it was a huge hassle to try and get my computer. I ended up getting sick of it and asking for a full refund from Amazon, since that is where I ordered it from. However, as soon as I asked for a refund, the company reached out to me and told me they would take a discount off the computer and ship it to me the next day. So of course I agreed!



My computer did end up arriving on schedule (after a long wait) and I could finally play it after longlast. The computer came in some massive shipping boxes and was packaged very neatly. After all, I’m sure they have to use quality shipping boxes and materials to keep that thing safe during transit. Anyways, I have since been very happy with my purchase and I love playing video games on that computer when I have the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment